Monday, March 16, 2009

and now...


This painting came from my thoughts the day my friends Hope and Zach left. It truly was great having them here, It was refreshing but also challenging. I felt after they left that I could move in two directions. One that was looking forward to the future, which could keep me from truly being here and now. Or I could praise God for the time we had and continue to live in the now. That's a pretty simple explanantion of real conflict I still struggle with. The idea of moving in a positive direction or a negative direction. I think this painting could somehow be a guide to most of lifes situations, that when something happens to you, your faced with the "and now.."

1 comment:

kev said...

I find it interesting that the red circle (negativity) is on the right. In my mind, I view the right as being the positive side. Almost like a timeline, because the right symbolizes forward motion. That's just me. I am really liking your painting though! Do the ideas come to you in your head, before you start painting, or do you they come to you as you paint?